Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Style Proposal



For the remainder of the class, I would like to photograph people, focusing on issues that occur in society today. For example, the rise of homeless people, domestic violence awareness, rape awareness etc. Although I really enjoy photographing architectural buildings, as an aspiring photographer, I want my work to have meaning. I want my viewers to have an emotional connection with my work. Over the years I have captured many photographs of homeless people in NYC. During my senior year of high school, I was taking AP photography. My concentration idea was domestic violence awareness, and in my opinion I feel I showed the effects of that to the best of my ability. I am going to use a combination of color and black and white, depending on the photograph itself. For now, I will use the resources around me, but over weekends when I am home, or over Thanksgiving break, I will use the city to my advantage, and try to capture the struggles of the homeless people living there. This is something I would like to have a career in, so I’m hoping to better my ability by using these subjects for the remainder of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment